The coolest thing
Normally all I do is complain, but today has been the best day! This morning James and I sent his parents off on their first honeymoon. See 30 years ago when they got married, they had to cancel their honeymoon to Gatlinburg because his dad got called in to work (or else). Then James' grandparents got sick and then his mom had Demon Spawn, I mean, his brother so they never got to go. They've never even been able to take an overnight vacation or a family vacation. So for their 30th anniversary, James and I decided to buy them a week in Gatlinburg. We lied up front and told them that we had paid for it and that it was nonrefundable (otherwise his dad would have never taken off work). We then got them to tell us when they wanted to go and scheduled and paid for the entire trip then. We got them a gas card an everything. It was so amazing to see how happy it made them! His mom giggled like a school girl all morning and they called when they got down there (which took a lot longer, but apparently they stopped a few places along the way). How exciting for them! I just hope that it doesn't rain all week.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home