A little too far...
I just want to say that the prosecutor in the dominatrix case may have gone a little too far in his closing statement to get his point across. I think secretly, he just wanted to wear the mask. Or maybe he didn't go too far, maybe the CSIs and the Law and Order generation needs something in the jury box other than sheer evidence to convict a woman whose lover died in a sex act so she had her boyfriend chop up his body and bury it! What the heck is wrong with people? Maybe this is the reason I don't watch crime shows. It is a proven fact that thanks to CSI and Law and Order the jury boxes are getting harder and harder to manipulate. It is proven that juries are becoming more and more insensitive to crimes, especially to those against women and children because every single day of the week there is at least one law and order on tv. And what's worse is that according to the last study I read, criminals who watch these shows are getting better and better at hiding the evidence! It's like those 1980 teen afterschool specials about eating disorders. After so many years, they had to cancel them because they were not raising awareness about the issue, they were giving people tips! I watch tv one night a week. I watch the Fox Sunday night comedy spread and that's it (except for the occassional South Park). When Oprah has more influence than the Pope and when a classic novel hits the best seller list for the first time EVER because she put it on her book club, you know that our society is watching WAY too much tv.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home